Monday, September 29, 2008

Alcohol

I know that I have had my fair share of drunken nights and spending the whole morning with my head in the toilet. Although waking up sick sucks, I will admit that some of my most fun nights have been while intoxicated. However, I have recently noticed how much alcohol can ruin situation, ruin friendships, and ruin lives. Just recently, two of my most cherished relationships have almost been destroyed because of alcohol. For once I didn't cry, I didn't get angry, I am just completely heart broken. So I have come to the conclusion that the only way I can ever hope the ones I truly love will stop drinking or at least cut back, is for me to be an example. I cannot ask and expect people to change the bad habits that I am doing myself and I cannot ask people to change if I cannot change myself. So I'm making a change and hoping and praying that I can some how in anyway, change someone else.

No comments: